Friday, June 13, 2008

My big potato.....


Recently my friend in his blog described me like an evolutionary chart of a potato..a small potato followed by a big potato...i immediately ran to the mirror in my next room..oh god..that journey appeared to be never ending...after i reached in front of the mirror ...i took off my T shirt in the nick of time.. (it reminded me of the typical English movie sex scenes,where the lady sprang forth on the man and rips open his shirt, and both breathless)...i was also breathless..but only after seeing my pot belly hanging like a ripe coconut which is about to fall from its tree..no not coconut..i would call it a jack fruit..i wondered how on earth can one part of the human body blow up so unproportionately when compared to the other organs...and that too without the permission of its owner....i slowly started breathing again... dude...wake up..decide now...if i go like this i will not fit into one photo frame...the girlies will not have the time to reach my face after covering my big potty..my colleagues will start seeing a big belly walking down the street ..and behind it will be my humble body clinging on to it....

it was the decision time.. no more junk food..light breakfast..oil and ghee was shown the exit way from my edible list..moreover oil prices are soaring.... absolutely no-no to rice and yes-yes to fruits.. exercise..gym..swim..hop..skip..jump..what ever it takes to get that thing back to its position...

next morning..woke up at 5..went to the nearby gym..came back home with aches..but the determination held on..i should teach my belly a lesson.. i wanted to make it into a six pack from the current family pack state...

days passed one by one..my decisions also started passing by one by one..snubbing me...from 5 am my wake up time stretched to 7.30 am..gym became just another building that existed in the neighbourhood...i dint want to peep into others' building...oil and ghee re-entered into my edible food list..skip-hop-jump-swim gave way to cuddle,stubborn sleeps...fruits stayed back in the markets..i refused to carry them home..junk food again became the best gift of god....

but one decision lingered..its still hanging in the hook of my mind...any time it would fall down..but as of now, its holding on tightly..and that is no rice at night...i was proud..so was my belly..it looked up every time and said to me..loser u failed again..and i am still growing..

today after coming back from my office...i stopped in front of my usual dinner place..fortunately or unfortunately i saw the waiter serving hot spicy chicken biriyani at the nearby table..it was properly garnished...and mouth watering.. no ..no dude..no..no rice...i was adamant..but still my eyes were on that plate..and my mind trying to control my instantaneous hormonal imbalance and enzyme reactions.... the waiter walked up to me.. in an stiff voice i asked him for the day's special... he politely replied.."Spicy hyderabadi dum biriyani", .......rest is history................it has fallen from its hook...

1 comment:

Seema B Menon said...

Hahahahah! I love the way u write! It always so hilarious... I'm just your opposite... no matter what I gobble I hardly put on some fat :( but now thanks to the little one I at least have a round belly! Hahahahahahahahaha!